Friday, April 20, 2018

IS GOD GIVING YOU NEW LIFE?


We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4 (NIV)
Throughout my young adult years, I had a very difficult time with my emotions. When I felt offended, I would hold on to the hurt and harbor resentment in my heart for weeks at a time. I was powerless to let those feelings go and they infiltrated my very being. I was not open to receive love from anyone because resentment had imprisoned me. This was before I had a personal experience with Jesus, truly accepting Him as my Lord and Savior.
The good news is Jesus has made me and will also make you new! As we draw close to and commune with God, we realize that we are being made new. He is changing us from the inside out. His Holy Spirit now indwells and teaches us to lay our burdens down. We are no longer imprisoned by them. With each experience, we more readily release them and learn how to forgive and continue to love through His Spirit.
What a gift! I am so thankful I am no longer burdened with resentment and living in a prison of my own making. This new life is so freeing. Now we live in God’s Spirit, experiencing His goodness in ways that are always surprising us. As our friends and family see this new life in us, may we always point to You, Father.  
Thank You for changing us, showing us how to love others as Jesus loves us and gives us new life.  
© 2018  Marianne Lucot

1 comment:

Christy said...

Great topic!
well presented.

Christy