Friday, April 6, 2018

BIG 'H' VERSUS LITTLE "h"

You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 (NAS)

Many times I watched my grandmother iron clothes. She vigorously shook her silver, sprinkler-topped Coke bottle over each piece of clothing dampening it before pressing out the wrinkles.

Decades later, ironing my family’s clothes, I think of her while using my new-fangled iron with steamer and sprayer ready at the push of a button.

One day however, while ironing, the wrinkles were especially stubborn in a pair of khakis. I pressed harder and kept spraying the steam to no avail. I checked the tag to see what kind of fabric blend could be so difficult. That’s when I noticed the plug had slipped out of the socket. My iron was no longer connected to the power.

It caused me to wonder how many times I worry over a problem that appears to be insurmountable. The world has many suggestions to help. When they all fail, exasperated and weary, I realize I’ve been attempting to solve the problem without my power source. The Bible says it is “within me” and what’s more, it is greater than that of the world. HE, the Holy Spirit, is closer than my skin. He lives inside believers. When we pray, God is the power, not us. Prayer is the cord that makes the connection.

Do you have situations that are wearing you out and feel impossible? Take heart, my friend, you have what is needed. Take the authority that is your God-given gift and use it. In God’s time, He—Big “H”, will overcome the little “h” of the world.

Thank You, for being greater than the world!

© 2018 Bonnie Mae Evans

1 comment:

Christy said...

Great idea and "play" on wods.