Friday, January 6, 2017

WRITING FOR GOD

Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. Habakkuk 2:2 (NIV).

During church service, the pastor preached on unleashing love in our personal mission field. We were given a card to write what we will do to further our mission to bring God's love to those who clearly need it.

People were waiting below the altar who were going to pray for those who accepted a mission to spread God's love. Long lines of parishioners went to be prayed for. I hesitated because I wasn't sure of my mission field. After a brief prayer, I wrote that my mission field is in writing for God.

When everyone returned to their seats, the pastor gave one last call. My daughter whispered, "You can ask for prayer to help you with writing for God."

I rose and walked toward a couple standing below the altar. The white-haired gentleman held out his arms in welcome. His smile drew me toward his opened arms and I thought of being hugged by my Savior.

Tears flowed as the lovely woman beside him asked my name and mission.

"I am Evelyn, a writer," I said, and I want to write more for God. I write devotions for the Mountain Christian Church Writers Group blog, Portions of Grace, but I desire to write more."

The woman prayed for me in a sweet tone. I felt the power of God surround me and Jesus' Spirit touching me. Both the man and the woman hugged me again.

Thank You, Father, for the power of prayer and the touch of love that only comes from You and Jesus. May my devotions draw readers to discover their own mission fields. Amen.

© 2017 Evelyn B. Ryan

No comments: