Friday, January 20, 2017

GOD'S DAY


This is the day which the Lord hast made., let us rejoice and be glad in it. Ps 118:24 (KJV)

Each morning, immediately after I get out of bed, I do a little (very little) exercise. I stretch my arms high, one after the other, over my head a few times. Then my hands rest on my hips while twisting to the left and to the right. A few knee bends (not too deep) bring the procedure to a close. This works out the kinks. Going through these motions, I say the verse above, "This the day..."  over and over.

While attending a Bible Study class on Genesis, I recalled the creation story.

“The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, ‘Let there be
light;’ and there was light. And God saw that the light was good.” Gen. 1:2, 3. (KJV)

God created the void. Then God filled the void. Now as I exercise, I recall the above scripture and feel fresh appreciation and reverence for this new day.  I thank Him from the bottom of my heart for this gift, and I look forward to what He has planned for me. This also brings new awareness of God’s Presence being with me each new day.

Thank you Lord for this day. I pray that you use me to my fullest potential, and thank You for forgiving me when I fall short. Amen


2017 © Lois Gosley

2 comments:

Evelyn R. said...

Hi, Lois. You filled the void in the middle of your devotion with the world's creation story. I'm so proud of you and your efforts. It is a good, meaningful piece of writing. I hope you get back to your novel. I have loved it from the beginning and I think you can go somewhere with it. God bless you always with His love. (and mine.)
Evelyn

Lois said...

Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate you. Love, Lois