Friday, August 28, 2015

I'LL FLY TO JESUS

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so, we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1Thes. 4:17, 18 (NIV)

I have dreams almost every night. Most dreams are pleasant and I awake feeling good and energetic. There are dreams when I am able to fly, kicking my feet, waving my arms as if actually swimming in the air, rising above the trees and houses. What an exhilarating feeling!

As a child, when I played with a few neighborhood friends, we asked our mothers for their discarded dresses and old curtains. We donned the dresses and tied the curtains around our necks and ran as fast as we could. The wind caught the tail of our curtains flapping them in the breeze, and "voila!" we were flying in our minds. Flying has always been a desire that I have had as far back as I can recall.

My childish dreams of flying will be realized when, according to the above scripture, I will be "caught up...in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air," My daily burdens about health issues and the troubles of loved ones will be released and my heart comforted as I will be welcomed by Jesus into Eternity. Then, my heart will be filled with joy as I fly home to be with Jesus and His Father forever.

Father, thank You for the promise of rising to meet Jesus one day. My joy will be made full. Amen

© 2015 Evelyn B. Ryan

1 comment:

Bonnie Mae Evans said...

Dearest Evelyn,
I'm so excited for the day when we will rise to meet Jesus in the sky! As the scripture says, I am encouraged by this promise. See you there, dear friend!
Love in Christ,
Bonnie