Friday, July 17, 2015

UNCHANGING LORD

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrew 13:8 (RSV)

My 1998 auto was due for an oil change and check-up. They advised to come early. I omitted my regular devotion time, and left for the garage.

Repairs would take five hours and they gave me a loaner car.

Driving off the lot in a new 2015 model was a treat. Arriving at the intersection, a car pulled out in front of me. I angrily slammed on the brakes, shouted, and hit the horn. No sound was heard, but the wipers came on.

Wipers are a warning!

Then while holding the steering wheel, I heard an operator say, “Please give a command.”

“Good grief! How about ‘shut up?’”

Carefully, with vigilance,  I drove home and pulled into my parking spot.

Later that afternoon, the mechanic called, “Your car is ready.”

While backing out of my parking spot, a little screen, played a movie of a car driving. What a dumb place for a commercial!

HONK! A horn blew behind me. It scared the life out of me. It wasn’t a commercial. It was a back-up camera—traffic behind me. After settling down from the major scare, I drove gingerly, not touching anything, or getting close to other cars. No telling what automatic thing I would trigger.

The next morning, clad in my pjs, I carried my mug of coffee to my favorite chair where I read my devotionals and journaled. The verse for the day was Hebrews 13:8 (above).  I was thankful Jesus does not change. He didn’t say, “Because you let a car get the best of you, I’m withholding My grace.” No. He still loves me.

Dear Lord, thank You for grace and mercy, and steadfastness. 

(C) 2015 Lois Gosley

No comments: