Friday, August 15, 2014

TWO QUESTIONS

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26 (NIV).

In recent months, I realized that I had been out of touch with two old friends. I wondered what was happening in their lives. I sensed a nudge from the Lord to contact them.  

I left a message on Nellamae’s cell phone. My prayers for her continued, and so did my concern. I questioned, “Where is she, Lord?” Then, her daughter called and told me her mother had gone home to be with the Lord a few days before . . . right when the Lord brought her to my mind.

Although saddened by the loss of my dear friend, I knew she longed to be with her Savior. My question had been answered.

When I finally reached my other friend, Susan, she explained that for the past two years, all her time and energy had been focused on the care of her mother, who had recently passed away. Now, my second question had been answered.

How good the Lord is to answer even minor questions we ask. O Lord, what is man that you care for him . . . Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow.

(Psalm 144:3a, 4). God knows we want answers to questions in our lives, and He will provide them, even in unexpected ways. His love for us reaches down when we ask, “What happened, Lord?”

Father, thank You for hearing our prayers and for caring so much for us that Your answers to our questions are uniquely designed by You.

© 2014 Diane E. Hussey

No comments: