Friday, July 18, 2014

COME AWAY WITH ME

And he said to them, Come ye yourselves apart into the desert place, and rest a while.  Mark 6:3 (KJV).

The theme for the Women's Retreat was "Come Away With Me." It was a time of getting away from the pressures of life and renewing my mind, body and soul.

The difficulties of families, jobs and life's unexpected losses can often bring us to our knees in desperation. Yet we become overwhelmed and don't take the time to find a quiet time with God.

Jesus saw the need for the apostles to get away with Him and rest. They had just put John the Baptist in a tomb, and they came to Jesus to see what to do next. Jesus understood the pain and confusion that they felt over the death of their friend. He invited them to come away.

My life of juggling a job, my family, church responsibilities and friends takes so much of my energy that I often put my time with Jesus on the back burner. Jesus is calling me to come away with Him and find rest.

I need to get away with Jesus daily. I need to start and end my day with Jesus. It is through His presence in my life that I find the strength and will to go on. When I rest in Him, I am ready to face whatever challenges life throws at me.

Prayer: Lord, You delight in my relationship with You. May I always take the time to get away from the pressures of life and find rest in Your presence.

(c) 2009 Dawn M. Sexton

No comments: