Friday, August 26, 2011

Never Alone

The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 (KJV)

There are times when I feel utterly alone. I cannot pray or even think clearly. Taking my Bible, I go outside to sit on the swing. Only the sound of birds singing, bees buzzing and chattering squirrels break the silence.

Peace enfolds me as bits of sunshine hit my face through the thick canopy of leaves overhead. I let the pages of my Bible fall open and read the scripture above. Letting myself dwell on every word, I realize I need not feel alone, that the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are with me, loving me, lifting me from the depths of depression that threaten to destroy me.

Suddenly my spirit feels light, rejuvenated. A favorite hymn rises in my throat and I belt out the words from a James Rowe song, "Love lifted me."

I leap out of the swing, dance around the yard, and hug my Bible close to my heart in the early morning sunshine. Yes! God's love lifted me. What a happy day!

Thank You, Lord, for each day you give me. You delight in me and quiet me with your love. Amen

(c) 2011 E.Bonnie Ryan

1 comment:

Bonnie Mae Evans said...

Dear Bonnie,
I love this and so identify with your joy in the Lord and celebrating it outside surrounded by His glory.
Love,
The Other Bonnie