Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Check Out Mission

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God" Psalm 14:1a (KJV)

While in the check-out line at the grocery store, the customer in front of me said, "Merry Christmas" to the cashier.

When it was my turn, the cashier said to me, "Why do people wish me a Merry Christmas? What makes her think I care? Why do people assume I'm Christian?"

"Are you Jewish?" I asked, surprised at her unexpected question.

"No. I'm not Jewish," she answered.

"What is your faith?" I said.

"I've no faith in anything," She said while scanning my items.

"Do you know where you'll go when you die?"

She became irritated as she abruptly said, "I'm not into all that."

I said, "I believe in Jesus Christ, that He died for my sins, and because of His sacrifice, I will go to heaven."

"That sounds ridiculous. What do you think about reincarnation?" she challenged.

"I believe we are all going somewhere. You just have to decide where you want to go." With that reply I left with my groceries.

I prayed silently for her. I wish we had more time to talk.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray your children are prepared to share the hope that is within You; some sow, others water, but You reap the harvest. I pray the lost will be saved. Amen.

© Lois Gosley 2010

1 comment:

Christy said...

Nice way to explain that saying "Merry Christmas" is a statement that opens the door to witness opportunities. Saying "Happy Holiday" just doesn't do it. Good job!