Saturday, May 11, 2019

MOTHER'S DAY VISIT

When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple standing by, whom He loved, He saith unto His mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith He to the disciple, Behold thy mother! and from that hour that disciple took her unto his own house. John 19:26, 27 (KJV).

She came to visit in the night.
I felt her sitting on my bed.
My heart pounded when I saw her face
and listened to the words she said.

"I came to see my little girl
who worked so hard to save my life.
But, dear, you know I am with Jesus.
There's no sorrow or tears in Paradise.

"Jesus said that I could visit
just for a little while.
He's seen your sorrow at missing me,
and He wants to see your happy smile.

So, let's not speak of hurtful things
that bring on tears and heavy stress.
I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine.
Such simple things brought us happiness.

"I've come to say 'I love you dearly.'
I know you miss me and that's all right.
When tomorrow comes, you'll feel so good.
You'll not remember this visit tonight.

"Tomorrow is a special day.
Please kiss your children and say 'I love you.'
They won't believe I came to say,
"'I love you, love you, with all my heart.'"

Thank You, Father, for a loving mother in my life. Amen.

© Evelyn B. Ryan

No comments: