Friday, May 3, 2019

LIFE CHANGES REQUIRE AN UNCHANGING GOD


“For I know well the plans I have in mind for you,” oracle of the Lord, “plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope.”  Jeremiah 29:11 NABRE

Our new year began with laughter, family and friends. It was wonderful!

However, the evening ended in sadness with a call informing us about the passing of our abuelo (grandpa). He was very old and sick—we knew the time was near.

Along with this, my sister, who has been at my side all my life, is moving far away to live out her dream of being an actor. Although I am very happy for her, there is a sadness at losing her now. We’ve always been close, and she has been my rock. Whenever my anxious and depressive moments have taken over, I could always count on her being there.

God has given me a husband and now the support shifts to him. My sister is now discovering God’s plans for her. Reflecting on this, I am reminded by the verse by the profit Jeremiah. I trust God knows the plans He has for me.

Even though I am saddened by these changes, I am excited for the future! God’s timing always works out. My husband and I have been trying to have a child. With the extra room in the house because my sister left, maybe His time for that is near. My hope is in the Lord’s plan for us and no matter what may change—He is our unchanging Rock.

Lord, help us to accept the changes in our lives as they help bring us closer to who You created us to be. Amen.

© 2019 Maritza Mejias-Ditzenberger

1 comment:

Evelyn R. said...

Dear Maritza, I have faith that God will hear and answer your prayer for a baby, but it will be in His time, just as it was in Sarah's time, even when she was way over the age to conceive. Remember, God can do anything, any time. Have faith and believe, continue in prayer and tell God how much you love Him. I will also pray for you and your husband. I know that prayer changes things. It changed my life for the better. God's blessings be with you, my friend.
Evelyn