Friday, September 22, 2017

BE COURAGEOUS


“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9 (NAS) 

God has a new opportunity waiting for me just around the corner. My search for a new job seems endless after applying for dozens of positions, but receiving no offers. Is God trying to teach me something? 

No matter how hard life seems as we face job losses, financial challenges or family relationship problems, as believers, we are God’s beloved children. He knows what we are going through, and He is with us in the midst of our fears, depression and discouragement. 

Our human emotions and misgivings often give rise to questions:  Will I ever get through this? Will I find a new job? Will my child be okay? Can this broken relationship be mended? God, why is this happening? 

Then, I remember God telling a fearful new leader, Joshua, to “Be strong and very courageous,” as he led the children of Israel into the Promised Land after Moses’ death. Seven times in Joshua God tells him to be courageous and not to be fearful. Pondering God’s words, I realize when we are courageous, we will not be discouraged, but will be an encouragement to those around us. All three words originate from the same root word─COURAGE! 

Just as God showed Joshua and the Israelites the way through the wilderness, He will guide me through this search and out to a new job. And, just as Joshua was told “the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go,” the Lord will be with us wherever He leads us. 

Father, teach us to be courageous and to remember You are always with us. 

© 2017 Diane E. Hussey

1 comment:

Lois said...

Good message, Diane. It just proves that nothing that happens to us, does God let go to waste.. You are already harvesting good news. Love it. Lois