Saturday, August 19, 2017

PRAYING THE SCRIPTURES

Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62: 5-7 (NIV)

Just recently these verses were prayed over me by a very dear friend.
Do you ever have times in your life where you feel utter despair? It is a time when you have no joy or peace. You feel empty.  Anger is directed inward and outward. You may feel as if no one close to you understands. You suddenly lose that connection that you usually have with each other. You are desperately alone, not able to make eye contact, feeling hurt and angry. We begin to see ourselves as a failure, unable to live up to the expectations we believe someone else is putting on us.

Ever been there?

As a young adult, I did not have a heartfelt relationship with God.  Often, for weeks to months, I was filled with despair and anger toward my first husband. That marriage had no strength to survive. God was missing. 
Today, Christ is at the center of my second marriage. My husband and I are active in our local church, and surrounded by people who love God and love each other. 

Those desperate times may still come, but my friendships within the body of Christ are present and ready. They pray over me, through my situation, bringing God’s light to my soul when I am too weak to look up.  
Praying the scriptures over each other is such an amazing gift. Its God’s power and His power is beyond our imaginations.

Father, thank You for Your word that renews our soul.

© 2017 Marianne Lucot

No comments: