Friday, July 21, 2017

SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF THE KING

Do you know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1st Corinthians 6:16 (NIV)

When I petitioned Jesus through the sinners’ prayer, to be my Lord and Savior, I knew He was with me. As I have continued on my faith journey, I have come to fully embrace that God’s Spirit is in me. Indeed, His Spirit can transform me every day.

All who are Christ followers can be in constant communion with His indwelling Spirit. As we spend time studying and reflecting on God’s Word, we begin to understand the nature of God. This allows us to recognize His voice and then we will begin to surrender to His Spirit within us.

We must also honor God’s Spirit dwelling within us, by caring for our physical bodies. Cultivating good habits for our nutritional intake, exercise routine, and sleep will improve and sustain our health even into our later years. We will be able to run the race He has set before us as His sons and daughters.  We will be His witnesses to the ends of the earth, offering our bodies as living sacrifices.

God will direct our steps throughout each day. He will calm our fears and anger, which come from the enemy. God’s Spirit will fill us with hope, joy and compassion. Each day will be filled with the Holy Spirit, pouring forth onto all whom we encounter. Our bodies will have become His temple, a conduit through which His Will can be done.

Father, may we train our bodies and our minds, to be open to and ready for Your Spirit to move in amazing ways


© 2017 Marianne Lucot

No comments: