Sunday, July 30, 2017

SKYLIGHTS TO HEAVEN


This is the day the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 (KJV)

The sunshine feels so wonderful today! There is nothing like days of rain to renew our appreciation of the sun.
Taking a break, I’m sitting on the porch looking up into the azure blue sky through sparkling, clean skylights.

Moments ago I was on the porch roof cleaning them. Completing my task and straightening my back to enjoy the view I gazed up into the sky overwhelmed with thankful praise for my Father in Heaven.
My senses were invigorated by the warm sun on my skin and the sound of leaves clapping in the breeze. Thankfulness for being able to accomplish this task wells up in my heart. My body allows me to. I am especially appreciative after my tumble down a flight of stairs a year-and-a-half ago. God chose to save me early that morning and heal my body and brain with only slight memory deficits remaining. From time to time I am reminded by something forgotten.

It keeps me humble.
Looking up I wonder, "Why God? Why do You choose to bless me so much when there are those who suffer? Why are some healed and not others? Why do some die and others live?" He does not answer at this time, but His love reassures me that His way is perfect.

Again, I am humbled. These are His mysteries. Some day maybe we will know or possibly it will no longer be important. Until then, I will accept each day and remember to rejoice and be glad for one more.
Father, You are the giver and keeper of all our days. I rejoice, thanking You for each one. Amen.

 © 2017 Bonnie Mae Evans

2 comments:

Christine said...

This was beautiful Bonnie. Great job of recapturing the moment.

Bonnie Mae Evans said...

Thank you, Chris. Appreciate you checking out our blog. Blessings to you!