Friday, July 7, 2017

KNOWING YOUR PURPOSE


For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.  John 3:17 (NIV)

I am not an eloquent speaker filled with many words and sayings to impress the masses. It is in smaller surroundings where I am most comfortable. At the mere thought of speaking to a large group, my voice and knees begin to tremble. And my stomach—well, you get the idea. 

But, when God speaks to me . . . now that is when the magic begins.

God speaks . . .

I become still and listen . . .

Then, I begin to write . . .

The desire to write is a recent development in my life and has become like breathing to me. It is an extension of my very soul. To know the words written by me have the potential to touch another person is truly amazing and humbling.

In our world today, we may become concerned with being unable to excel at everything. But God did not create us to be exceptional at all things; He created us with a purpose for our lives designed exclusively by Him. God has blessed all of us with unique gifts to share with others. 

Long ago, Jesus came down from heaven to dwell among us with a God-given purpose. His purpose, to seek and save the lost, led Him to a cross on Calvary where He was suspended between heaven and earth. It was on that cross that Jesus, our Lord and Savior, poured out his precious blood as atonement for our sins . . . for all who believe in Him. 

I often wonder where we would be today if Jesus walked away from His God-given purpose . . .

Lord, help us discover our purpose in life and pursue it with faith and passion.


© 2017 Amy A. Verzi

No comments: