Saturday, April 1, 2017

TIME WELL SPENT


 . . . I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am . . . I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:11b, 13 (NAS) 

Suddenly jarred out of my comfortable life, I stared at unwelcome change. I had been happy working with my sons in our family business, but the cost-of-doing business had escalated. My oldest son was forced to let me go. I was scared and anxious about the future. What was I going to do? 

Prayer seemed like a good place to start when faced with this life-changing challenge, so I asked for God’s guidance and direction. Dusting off an old resume, I asked for help revising it. Next, I went online to job search sites and signed up for everything.  

Sometimes I was excited in anticipation of what might happen. Other days, I woke up in shock and allowed fear to take over. Suppose there were no jobs for an older person like me, or would they pay enough to cover my expenses?
 
As I sought the Lord, He reminded me of His faithful provision for my needs over the years. He could be trusted this time, too. Was this time different because I was no longer depending on my family? Full reliance on God alone seemed like a new experience, but He was stretching and testing my faith. This was time well spent in His presence. 

Within days of my last paycheck, I received word of a job opportunity and a new place of service for Him. Our loving God is just in time with His providential care for us. 

Praise You, Lord, for working in our hearts and lives to remind us that our hope is in You alone through all of our circumstances. 

© 2017 Diane E. Hussey

No comments: