Friday, April 29, 2016

I SEE A GARDEN

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29 (NIV)

I see a garden.
     True, the ground is bare
of what used to be.
It's quite different now.
There's not much to see.
But, though the ground is bare,
natures phantoms are still there
leaving remnants of beauty for me.

I see a garden.
     There are cabbages in a row
on that far side.
The vines on that trellis
give the cukes a place to hide.
The birds all seem to know
where the ripening strawberries grow
and the weeds grow thickest on that side.

I see a garden.
     Though traces of snow cover
the sleeping seeds of spring,
there is life beneath the soil
and new birth the sun will bring.
Though old age may hinder me
and I'm not what I used to be,
I see a garden in my heart
and my soul SINGS!

Father, thank You for the provisions You made for our sinful original parents and for us today. My joy is full when I work my garden and harvest the produce because of Your love. Amen.




No comments: