Friday, November 27, 2015

APPOINTMENT

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 (NAS)

This morning I had an appointment with a wonderful counselor. He is world renowned and the top authority in all he does, and yet no advanced scheduling was necessary.

So unlike me when meeting someone, my need was so pressing, that I rushed to talk with him before showering or even brushing my teeth. More amazing still, he made house calls and was already waiting for me in a quiet corner of my room.

I sat before him broken, weeping without words. He heard my heart and comforted me. He did not judge, only wrapped my ache with the healing warmth of His love.

There was no ticking clock on the wall to signal when time was up.

Minutes flew by as regrets, sadness, fears and disappointments were lifted from my heart. Mercifully left in their place was joy, hope, peace and love.

For such an exchange surely I would have to empty my bank account or take out a loan to pay—gladly.

Perhaps most incredible of all, my Wonderful Counselor said, "Your debt has been paid in full. Jesus paid it all."


For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NAS)

Father, I lift my hands in praise that You ARE my Wonderful Counselor who is the one and only Mighty God, strong enough to take away my burdens and forgive my sin. Your love for me is eternal, as You are my Eternal Father. You are my Prince of Peace who can quell all my fear and distress.
I thank You by giving You my heart. Amen.

No comments: