Caught! For years I had heard that one should begin each day with at time of prayer and Bible study. But I was never willing to give up those extra moments of sleep. Now, after joining a small group of believers who agreed we would do that – I committed!
My son gave me a nice leather-bound journal to write in, so the adventure began. Eventually I noticed that the writings were remarkable. Where did that come from??? Certainly not from me. Slowly it “dawned” on me. When I got up early to meet God, God came to meet ME!
Journaling is a great amplifier of God’s voice when reading the Bible It helps focus the mind on what the Scripture actually says, and it also gives the Holy Spirit an opportunity to reveal its meanings to our spirits. Here’s an example from Ephesians 1:3-14:
This passage summarizes how God has and is loving believers:
· Blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus.
· Chose us to be holy and blameless in His sight.
· Predestined us to be adopted into His family through Jesus.
· Redeemed us through Christ’s blood.
· Forgave our sins.
· Lavished wisdom and understanding on us.
· Revealed His will to bring all things together under one Head, Christ.
· Marked us with the seal of His Holy Spirit.
· Guaranteed us an inheritance as His heirs.
What an enormous and wonderful package of blessings God has for each of us!”
Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me. Help me to love You ever more intensely.
© 2015 Parker Wayland