Friday, March 14, 2014

TIME TRAVELER

“…O if I had the wings of a dove…”   (Ps. 55:6a RSV)

I’d like to be a time traveler. Maybe applying the theories of relativity and quantum physics, along with highly developed Star Trek knowledge, and piloting a Jetson transporter, I could go back in time and relive some of the bad things and redo them properly.
While back in time, I’d correct my wrongs by being smarter and cancel my sins by making wiser choices. As a result, my life today would be less burdened.

Bow your head with me in repentance, my fellow sinner. Jesus already erased our sins. Jesus’ blood, shed in the past, still cleans us in the future. If you choose to carry your burdens, you might as well go back to “sewing fig leaves together” and turn in your “garment of skin” (Gen.3:7, 20).

The younger me did her best. The wiser me of today should not find fault. Carrying the big burden of those trials, thinking I should have known better, should have seen the signs, is a waste of time and energy that could be used in a more positive way. Although my sins are forgiven, it is by Jesus’ grace and mercy that I live victoriously with the consequences.

While transporting myself back in time, with my inadequate sense of direction, I’d probably make a wrong turn anyway and land in the Flintstones’ backyard. There, with my little pick ax and stone slab, I would be found chipping away—still working on my first draft of my novel.

Therefore, I will park my back-in-time spaceship and gratefully stay here.
Thank you, Lord, for loving the unlovable me. Quicken me to love the same. Forgive me for thinking there’s another way to victory. Amen

© 2014 Lois Gosley 

1 comment:

Evelyn R. said...

Lois, you are a great writer. You praise God in such a unique way. God be with you always. In His love.

E. Bonnie