Friday, March 7, 2014

Three Birthdays

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11 (KJV)

Today it is my birthday. It is the first of three birthdays that I celebrate each year. I am past the half century mark and closer to the grave.

Yet I know that I am loved. I will go out to dinner, get cards, receive birthday wishes on the social media and get a few phone calls from family and friends. I might even get a few presents.

There is a second birthday that holds special meaning to me as well. It is the day that I accepted Jesus as my Savior. I am reborn and renewed through the blood of Jesus. While I may not receive any phone calls or any gifts I do celebrate this birth. I know that this birthday is greater than my physical one.

But there is a third birthday that holds greater meaning to me than both my physical and spiritual birth. It is the birth of Jesus.

Jesus’ birth gave mankind the chance to be redeemed. The day He was born all our lives received a gift greater that any that we can receive from our love ones. All the meals, cards and birthday greetings cannot hold a candle to importance of His birth.

Today is my birthday. The greatest gift I ever received was the gift of Jesus’s love. My first two birthdays are nothing compares to His. Jesus’ birthday made my life complete.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving the greatest birthday gift of all your love. Without it I would not be made whole.

Dawn Sexton © 2014

No comments: