Friday, March 1, 2013

AMBER ALERT


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me.” John 14:6 (NKJV)
As I moved through the grocery store check-out line, it was evident that the cashier was very angry. Glancing at her name tag, I said, “Hi Bonnie. How are you today?”

“Just fine!” she said with sarcasm, then continued, “Some people are just more than I want to deal with – then they leave saying, ‘Have a good day’ as if that excused their rude behavior.”
I wanted to say something more but my few items had been quickly scanned, bagged and credited. Feeling speechless, I uttered, “I pray your day gets better.”

“Humph!” she said as she started the next order.
Bonnie was on my mind as I drove north on Route 95. A large information sign that extends across the highway flashed “Amber Alert”. Was Bonnie on God’s amber alert list? Was she one of His lost children? I prayed for one of God’s messengers to reach Bonnie and introduce her to the way, the truth and the life in Jesus.

How many people in our lives would have an “Amber Alert” sign flashing over their head. With this on my mind, I prayed the lost would be found. According to Luke 16, Jesus uses sheep, coins, and a son, to express the seriousness in saving the lost, as He says, “Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of angels over one sinner who repents.” Sheep and coins can be replaced, but not the son (or daughter).
Dear Lord, Equip us to be better servants, and not to miss an opportunity to share Your love. Put your words in our mouths. Amen

© 2013 Lois Gosley

1 comment:

Evelyn R. said...

Many times I have prayed for a grouchy person. You do a good job, Lois. God bless you. Evelyn