Friday, November 2, 2012

Mission Possible!


Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.  Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) 

 

 
One sleepless night I turned on the television and Mission Impossible was on. It was the beginning of the program and I heard, “Your mission, should you decide to accept it . . .” The mission had a definition and a purpose for the assigned agent.

 Watching, I thought of how when we say “yes” to salvation, we become agents of God, accepting His mission. Salvation allows us to face the impossible, filling us with the Spirit, making us children of God. He equips us and we bring Him glory by how we live.

After accepting our mission, the adversary will tempt. He prowls like a lion, seeking to devour us. To improve our chances of a successful mission, we need weapons. Putting on the whole armor of God protects us from all of the strategies and tricks the enemy direct against us.

 Each piece of armor serves a tactical purpose. We must remember to use them all: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness. For travel, we wear shoes of peace, and the helmet of salvation protects our thoughts. Most importantly we need a shield of faith—and we mustn’t forget to bring our sword, the Bible.

 In my after-action report, I want to say that I successfully completed my mission and kept the faith. I want to stand, my fellow agents with me, all awarded the Crown of Victory.

 


Father, thank you for the grace and mercy that provide everything we need to accept and complete the mission. I know that in the end I will reap if I don’t faint.

 

© 2012 Wanda Currie

 

 

No comments: