Friday, May 18, 2012

Victorious Faith


This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.  I John 5:4b-5 (NIV)

My in-box is filled with prayer requests and updates from a small group of friends. I am amazed at the number of challenges they face. One lady is concerned and stressed about the serious health issues faced by her son. Another woman has lost three family members in the past few months and struggles through the grieving process. A nurse in the group faces the imminent death of her father. Several ladies deal with ongoing health and recovery problems. One spouse has serious back pain and a recent surgery. Did I leave anyone out?

From all my friends, I hear a recurring theme of the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord. He has been with them and their families as they deal with these earthly problems. Jesus told us in John that we would have trouble in this world, but to take heart because He has overcome the world. I see strength and faith in them all as they face what has come their way. We are here in this fallen place for only a short while, but how we respond to adversity speaks volumes to those watching us. How we live reveals Who is at the center of our lives.

I continue to hold these ladies and their families up in prayer. Thank you, friends, for the encouragement you give me through the strength of your faith.

Dear Father, bless and watch over my friends during these difficult days. Please restore their heath and comfort them as they grieve the loss of loved ones. In Jesus Name, Amen

© 2012 Diane E. Hussey





No comments: