Friday, February 12, 2010

Live and Believe in Jesus

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (NIV)

Martha responded, “Yes, Lord. I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.” Her brother, Lazarus, had died. Although she questioned why Jesus did not come sooner to heal her brother, even in her grief, Martha was a faithful believer.

I am grateful for my faithful friends who share the Word of Christ with me. I am grateful for my best friend, Page, who led me to Christ. At the age of ten, we pricked our fingers mingling our blood to become “blood sisters.” We promised to love one another even after death.

I grieved to the very depth of my soul when she tragically died at the age of nineteen. But in my suffering, I remembered her life. She took me to church. She was baptized, I was not. She publicly confessed that Jesus was her Savior, I did not. I began to read the Bible. The truth was revealed to me through the words Jesus spoke to Martha - that whoever lives and believes in Him will never die. Comforted and assured, I fell to my knees and received Jesus as my Savoir.

Yes Lord, I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world. By faith, I receive You into my life as Lord and Savoir. Place me in a community of believers who will lead me in the Way. Amen.

© 2010 Stephanie L. Snead

1 comment:

Dawn said...

This has touched my heart. It is hard to let go of a friend through death. The good news is that you will see her again. Praise God.