Friday, September 18, 2009

This Way

I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6 (KJV)

Several times a day I take my two pets out for their constitutions. Taco Bell is eighteen years old and almost blind. Otis is a nine year old pug. Both tend to pull in different directions.

Because of Taco's blindness, I tug gently on his leash. Sometimes one or the other will get the leash caught on a fallen limb and I have to steer around it or disentangle from it. I call to them saying, "This way. This way." They follow my voice and the tug on the leash. For the most part they stay out of potential trouble.

While out walking, I usually remember Jesus' words, "I am the way." Immediately another verse comes to mind. "And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying: 'This is the way. Walk in it you people'" Isaiah 30:21 (NWT)

Just as I try to keep my pets safe and let them choose their way, Jesus lets His children choose their own way of life. He allows us free range to choose a path that suits our needs. He continually calls softly, "This way. This way," and tugs at our conscience, gently guiding us in the paths of righteousness. Would it not be best for us to listen to His voice and walk the way of life and peace?

Prayer: Father Jehovah, may we continue to follow the way of Your Son. May we listen for His promptings when we stray from the path of righteousness. Guard our steps so that we may not falter. Guide us to the path of real life and peace, in the Name of Jesus. Amen

(c) 2009 E. Bonnie Ryan

1 comment:

Christy said...

Great intro to the blog.