Friday, February 20, 2009

Signs of Spring

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5c (NKJV).

In winter there are signs that spring will come. Some days are warm enough for snow to melt. Sunny days alternate with gray ones. Open patches of ice-covered ponds provide places for ducks to swim and animals to drink. Birds find seeds in the ground’s cold, hard crevasses.

So too, hope appears when winter infiltrates the lives of Christians. Poor health, family dissension, unemployment, car problems, accidents and school troubles cause weariness and concern. Will these problems never end?

There is comfort and guidance in the disciplines of Christian life. Here, God opens minds to new understandings of biblical passages. Peace comes through reading, studying and thinking about His Word. Encouraging comments stand as reminders that believers are not alone. Unexpected counsel coupled with acts of kindness brings joy. Friends, new and old, remind each other to look outward, be alert, and attentive to the needs of others. Prayer brings forth memories of the Lord’s goodness in times past.

I remember His promises, and His words fill my mind. He tells me to have no fear because He is with me, will always be with me, and will never leave nor forsake me. Then I pray Psalm 23:4 (KJV), “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me." Winter will not last. It hardly exists for the Bridegroom is with me, and my thoughts are with Him. The problems of this earth fade, and I sing His praises. “Come Lord Jesus."

Prayer: Blessed Lord, Lead us to see the signs of spring in our lives and praise you for them. Amen.

© 2009 V. Colclasure

1 comment:

Dawn said...

We all go through different seasons in our life. It is nice when we start to see the buds of hope. Dawn