Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Freshly Fallen Snow

Isaiah 1:18a
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow …” (NIV)

The moonlight shining on the freshly fallen snow sparkles as brilliant diamonds. It lies upon the earth unmarked. The trees are dark shadows standing quietly in the background. Leaving paw prints in the snow, a small animal dashed through the yard.

It won’t be long before the smog and litter take over the luminous snow leaving it gray and dingy. For now, I can enjoy the purity. Just as the freshly fallen snow covers the earth; when I feel the cares of this world polluting me, I pray, asking forgiveness and let God’s Love and Mercy cover me.

When I confess my sins and stand before the Lord, He doesn’t see me as gray and dingy but as a brilliant diamond. Jesus has made the way for me to cleanse myself of unrighteousness. I am renewed by the Word.

Merciful Father, thank you for sending your Son so that my sins would be forgiven. You have blessed me with the gift of salvation.

© Copyright 2008 Marcella Panowicz

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Timely. The snow this week is now turning to dingy gray. We really need God's mercy and grace when gray days "inspire" depression. I

Dawn said...

It is so great to know that we can be washed and made new. Thanks Dawn