Sunday, July 21, 2019

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS

 pray one for another, that ye may be healed. James 5:16a (KJV).

My sister called and said she had been ill all night. She sounded very weak, In thirty minutes we were on our way to the Emergency Room. After checking in, we sat, waiting to be called. That was the operative word—WAIT.

I sat beside my sister and prayed she would be called soon. We had been waiting eight hours,and there were many people ahead of us.

A woman nearby seemed in distress. I felt the Holy Spirit say, "go talk to her," so I approached. She embraced my hand and told me she was pregnant and bleeding. She was afraid she was losing her baby.

"Would you like me to pray for you and your baby?"

She answered,"Yes. I am a Christian."

My heart leapt for joy Standing closer,I quietly said a bold prayer of hope, healing and love. The worry on her face vanished. Her hands warmed as I hugged and assured her of God's love and concern for her and her family. She thanked me. Fifteen minutes later her name was called. She hurried to me and said, "It's because of your prayer that I was called."

This same scenario repeated itself twice more in the seventeen hours we waited. I was not so tired now, filled with the warmth and fire of God"s Holy Spirit.

My sister was finally called. The Doctor stayed with her for five minutes and hung another bottle of glucose.When it was completed, the doctor released her.

Perhaps God had another purpose for my trip to the Emergency Room. Hmm?

Father, help me be boldly outspoken when praying for others.


© 2019 Evelyn B. Ryan












1 comment:

Bonnie Mae Evans said...

Amen! I love the sweet picture.