Friday, February 8, 2019

FEARLESS

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given to me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20 (NIV)
It is customary at the start of a New Year for people to make one or two New Year’s resolutions, such as improving their health or an attitude. In my Christian walk, I have been challenged to choose a word for the year, which will deepen my walk with God. Fearless is my word for this year.
I love God with all my heart and my desire is to share God’s love through conversation and prayer in small groups or one-on-one. As an introvert, speaking or praying out loud does not come easily, particularly in group settings. Talking one-on-one is not too difficult, but I much prefer responding to an email with time to compose my thoughts. I have served in a ministry for two years which has allowed me to do just that. Throughout this time, my love for God has deepened, and He has been growing me.
 He is now calling me to trust in Him alone—not my strength or nature but His strength. He is calling me to be physically available to minister to those within my home church and community in a pastoral care role. I will step out and follow His lead fearlessly.
Where is God calling you to a deeper walk?
Father, thank You for the gift of Your Holy Spirit. With Your gift, we step out fearlessly and do all You have called us to do. We give You praise in Jesus’ name. Amen.

© 2019 Marianne Lucot

No comments: