Friday, May 15, 2009

Seeing It All

From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind. Psalm 33:13 (NIV)

Saying the words “three ring circus” brings to mind a whirl of activity, a multitude of colors and a jumble of sound all concentrated into a relatively small place. From the minute the ringmaster calls out “Ladies and Gentlemen…,” the activity begins. For two hours clowns bustle from one area to another squeezing into small cars, bumping into contortionists and stealing jugglers’ hula rings. While trapeze artists perform, animals walk backwards, jump through burning hoops and balance balls and themselves on tiny platforms.

After awhile the lights, sounds, and color blur together, so I give up trying to see and remember it all. At one circus, I blinked my eyes and there were twenty elephants standing on the opposite side of the arena. How can anyone miss the entrance of one elephant, let alone twenty?

Even in the everyday world there is too much too see. While driving down the highway, walking through a shopping mall, visiting a horticultural garden or even cleaning the house, I do not see everything. Some details are hidden and some are in plain sight.

Although, I miss seeing everything, God does not. I can trust that He who loves me is all seeing and will watch over my coming and going (Psalm 121:8). He sees it all and will not let my foot slip. If I need to see twenty elephants, He will be sure I do. In the meantime, I can take time to enjoy life, especially circuses.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for watching over us throughout our daily activities. You never sleep nor slumber as you keep us from all harm. I thank you for keeping our souls safe for eternity. Amen.

© 2009 V. Colclasure

1 comment:

Christy said...

What a unique comparason. Well done.