Sunday, December 8, 2019

DEPENDING ON GOD


". . . And your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left." 
Isaiah 30:21 (RSV)

When I accepted the job of children's director of Community Bible Study, I felt totally inadequate. One morning as I collected the felt Bible characters, paints and brushes, craft paper, glue and Cheerios for manna, I felt overwhelmed with all my new responsibilities.

I toted my overloaded shopping bag to the car, sat behind the wheel ready to leave when I remembered I had forgotten the large poster boards containing the memory verse. I withdraw my key from the ignition, unlocked the house and returned with the poster boars.

After starting the car again, I realized I forgot my lunch. One more time I dashed into the house.

Totally frustrated, I collapsed my head onto the steering wheel and moaned, "Dear Lord, I'm not qualified for this job." Just then I remembered the above verse and felt God say, "I haven't let you forget anything yet, have I?"

Now, after ten years on the job, I know my adequacy is from God. I pray first, make a list, and ask God to check it. Today is the tomorrow you prayed for yesterday.

Dear Lord, Thank you there is never a job to great or too small that You and I can't handle together. Amen.

Ⓒ 2019  Lois Gosley





No comments: