Friday, October 25, 2019

THE LOST HIKER


Rejoice with me, I have found my lost sheep." Matthew 15:6 (KJV)

Recently, a woman, went for a walk in the beautiful evergreen forest of Hawaii and got lost. She admitted being irresponsible and unprepared for the hike. She ate berries and green leaves for nourishment to survive. She never gave up hope of being rescued. 

Meanwhile, hundreds of people, police barrages and volunteers from all around, joined the search. Finally, after seventeen days, a helicopter spotted her waving her arms and sent down a basket to carry her out. She claims it was a spiritual journey, and she praises the rescuers who never gave up.

One of the rescuers said to the hiker, "It's a blessing to know love won't stop looking for you."

I thought about Jesus and His quests to save the lost. Our Bible is full of Jesus pursuing the lost–– coin, sheep, prodigal son, and souls. Jesus never gives up. Also, she was still being searched for when she had been irresponsible. She didn't have to be perfect to be saved.

I'm glad she didn't have to be perfect because I find myself lost in hopelessness and feeling defeated with a medical issue. I allow my mind to wallow in negativity. Jesus is here. I just have to look up, not down, and He's circling waiting to let down His loving arms to carry me out.

I can't imagine the love of God that won't stop until I'm saved. When God's love seems far awaywho moved?

Thank you Lord for your Love beyond understanding. When anyone is lost, I pray they seek your face. Amen and Amen.

©2019 Lois Gosley

2 comments:

Christy said...

Good Job!! Keep it going!! Christy

Evelyn R. said...

Hi, Lois. I feel your pain. I feel very close to you, especially when you feel lost and alone. These past six months have been so hard on me and my family. My husband and daughter have been to the hospital or rehabilitation center every day that I was in either place. I was in the hospital 5 weeks and in two nursing homes 2 weeks. It was long and lonely. Bonnie came to visit me twice, Christy came twice also and both came to my house after I returned home. Christy even called me twice. I loved seeing them. My husband felt as if he could go grocery shopping with them here with me. It assurred him that I would not do anything foolish while he was not with me. I felt like he didn't trust me. I got lots of nice "Get well cards that I still have to send "Thank You' cards to. I feel very blessed to have so many sweet friends. I think I will be back to the Writers Group soon. Love to you, sweet friend. Evelyn