Friday, October 11, 2019

SEEING CLEARLY

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18 (NAS)

A recent disappointment in a matter my husband had been faithfully praying for left him discouraged and questioning. In his human wisdom, it looked like the answer he was seeking would show God’s faithfulness and bring glory to His name. These verses came to mind, My thoughts are not your thoughts. Nor are your ways my ways. (Isaiah 55:9) His are so much higher than ours. Our vision is limited.

A much-needed vacation followed on the heels of that disappointment. The timing also seemed perfect to send off for repair the “loops”—magnifying glasses he has to use in his dental practice. He was assured they would be fixed by his return to work.

On the last day of vacation, my husband’s reading glasses broke. After running into a pharmacy to get another pair, he came out disconcerted that the lenses he normally used were sold out. He could only get a higher magnification.

Returning to work on Monday, he found his “loops” had not arrived. He certainly could not work without them. He decided to take a look using his new readers. To his amazement, the extra magnification allowed him to see clearly.

That’s when my husband saw God’s hand intricately weaving events leading up to that moment.

He was reassured that God is in control, deeply cares about the everyday details of our lives, and is working everything out for our benefit—even when we cannot see.

 Father, we are grateful You see and know all things. Continue to increase our trust in You. Amen.
 
©2019 Bonnie Mae Evans

 

2 comments:

Evelyn R. said...

Hello, dear sister in Christ Jesus. Praise God He opened your husband's eyes and let him see that he was only temporary blind. God always hears and answers the prayers said with complete love for His children. Even though I have been knocked down a few times this year, I am not defeated by Satan or his family of demons. God has always been with me and I praise His holy name. I thank you and all my friends for your prayers to God for my healing. God was listening and He is healing me. The large hole in my head has shrunken quite a bit. Marie has been to our house every day since I came home and helps me wash my hair. She puts Bacitracine on it every day for me. Marie has been the "angel" I prayed for and the best blessing of my life. I thank God for His blessings to me since I had her. Thank everyone for their prayers for me. I may see you all soon. God bless you all. Love to you. Evelyn

Christy said...

Dear Evelyn, Thank God for your recovery!! We hop to see you soon. Stay well we wull be soooo happy to see you

Love You Christy