Friday, March 22, 2019

ULTIMATE FOREVER

He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:6-7 (NAS)

When my son was small, we saw Toy Story. Buzz Lightyear shouted in excitement, hands to the sky, “To infinity and beyond!” It caused me to pause. Someday infinity will open before me as I leave this earth, and step into eternity. . . forever and ever. In the journey between here and there lies one decision that will determine where each of us will spend our ultimate forever.
This revelation brought with it a joyous challenge to raise my children to love the Lord and share with as many people as possible the essential truth of salvation through accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives. Eternity is a long time to spend in the agony and distress of Hell. 

I desire to share the message with receptive hearts and for those not ready to hear, I pray they will see Jesus being lived out in my life. As Christians, it is our heart’s desire to tell as many people as God puts in our path the good news of a secured eternity with Him.
I recall a similar thought shortly after accepting Christ, as we stood singing those beautiful words of Amazing Grace:

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,

Bright shining as the sun,

We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise,

Than when we’d first begun.”

What a joyful thought! This life of fleeting moments of happiness, overshadowed with pain, sadness, and death, will come to an end someday, opening to our bright eternal joy in Heaven.
Father, I pray for opportunities to help others make that ONE right decision.

©2019 Bonnie Mae Evans
 

No comments: