Friday, March 29, 2019

HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW


Are not five sparrows sold for pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. In deed the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows." 
Luke 12:6-8 (NIV)

 At the age of eight, I was being wheeled into the operating room for a tonsillectomy.  The nurse spoke softly to me. I believe she was trying to keep me calm.
"When you are back in your room you can have some ice cream,"

"That's nice," I said and added, "I had strawberry jam with my breakfast toast this morning.
 
"Honey, you didn't have breakfast this morning," the nurse answered"

"Yes, I did with my favorite jam."

The nurse smiled and said, "I need to leave the room for a few minutes, Stay right here.
   
Evidently, I fell asleep because I woke up in my hospital room with my parents by me and my tonsils in place.

My parents explained, "A doctor cannot operate when the patient has a full stomach. They could not take out your tonsils because someone accidentally served you breakfast.

When I look back at that day and similar situations, I know my Lord continues to protect, council and direct me in the right path.

My job is to stay in touch with Him, follow His directions and embrace His words.

Dear Lord, Thank You for "Looking out for me, for the many time You have intervened
in in my life for my good. Please continue to help me stay on Your path.  Amen

© 2019  Christena Struben


 


No comments: