Friday, November 16, 2018

SOX MELTS MY HEART

And they went into the ark with Noah, two and two of all flesh in which there were the breath and spirit of life. Genesis 7:15 (AMP)
One of my favorite places to visit is the veterinary office. I enjoy watching everyone’s pets interact with their owners and their immediate surroundings. After all, they are God’s creatures in whom the breath and spirit of life resides. Their body language demonstrates many of our human emotions including fear, sadness, stubbornness, aggression, joy, love and contentment. You may even think of others.    
Sox, our cat, has a chronic health condition which requires frequent visits to the veterinary office. He instinctively knows we are trying to help him feel better. He never gets upset as he is probed and prodded, and he always takes his medicine easily, with no resistance.
We enjoy our sweet personable cat. He frequently walks right behind us as we take our daily walk in our neighborhood. When we stop and visit outside with a neighbor, Sox will walk up and accept a friendly rub on the head from them.
At home, Sox often settles in our lap or in another spot within the same room. If we are in different rooms, Sox will often settle somewhere in between.  His sweet nature and desire to be social melts my heart.  Can you imagine if our hearts melted for our neighbors and strangers as it does for our precious pets?  Isn’t this how Jesus desires us to love each other, even those we feel are unlovable? That kind of unconditional love would indeed change the world.
Father, melt our hearts as we go into our communities, to share Your love with our neighbors
© 2018 Marianne Lucot

2 comments:

Lois said...

That is so sweet. I like the Vet's offie too. One lady with a big dog was there because the dog was sick and in pain and she had to have him put down. I don't know her, but I cried with her that her dog was gonna be put down. It was soooo sad. Great devotion. Love, Lois

Evelyn R. said...

I had to put my dear Patches down when she was nineteen years old and going blind and deaf. She was fraught with dementia and when she missed me, she went around the house in all the rooms calling "maaama!" I had to pick her up and tell her I was there for her. She would find a spot to sleep for the night, content that I was near. I have two dogs but no cat. I still miss her to much.
Evelyn