Friday, September 28, 2018

JOINED TOGETHER THROUGH PRAYER

Dear brothers and sisters, I urge you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join in my struggle by praying to God for me. Do this because of your love for me, given to you by the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:30 NLT
I participate in an online care team ministry, responding to individual’s prayer requests. I draw upon the scriptures and often include one or two verses which they can refer to for strength and encouragement. I also write personal heartfelt prayers to address the details of their situations and include this in the email. Frequently a response of gratitude is received.
Several months ago, I responded to a prayer request from a dear woman, Judy whose husband is facing a life threatening illness. There are no coincidences with God as I, a nurse of over 40 years experience was chosen by God to respond to this prayer request. Judy continues to correspond, giving me detailed updates and asking for continued prayer and encouragement. She and I have much to praise as the Lord is meeting their financial and personal needs in addition to her husband’s medical needs. His condition remains critical but they have witnessed how faithful God has been. They give all the Glory to God when the medical staff comments on their hopeful and positive spirit.
Through our own life experiences, we understand the power of prayer to strengthen and comfort us, filling us with hope and deepening our faith and our witness of Our Almighty God.  May we each continue to seek out opportunities to come along side friends, family members, or even strangers. We will lift them in prayer and celebrate with them as God moves in their lives.
Thank you Father for the gift of prayer.
© 2018 Marianne Lucot

No comments: