Sunday, July 1, 2018

GOD’S PLANS


The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all. 
Psalm 103:19 (NASB)

My search for a full-time job took me through five part-time jobs for over a year and a half. After 70 job applications and a limited number of interviews, I faced daunting financial challenges. As my anxiety grew, I spent more time in prayer trusting God to bring me through.  

As Paul Harvey used to say, “Now for the rest of the story”­:  This is where God’s plan shines through in amazing ways.

Our church presents an after school Bible class in a public school, but the program ended early because the school needed to install a new air conditioning system. A boy in the class asked where they could go for more instruction, and the children were told about our church. The boy told his parents, and the family began attending services. In the midst of my ongoing search for a permanent job, this family joined our church and became active leading the youth group; the Dad became a deacon and the Mom worked in the church office.  

Later, I was told the father of this family needed additional staff in his office. I inquired about the job, applied and was offered a full-time position. 

None of this could have happened when my search began because I had not met the person who would later ask me to work for him. Those short-term jobs prepared me for this new opportunity. God knew what I could not have known, and He orchestrated the circumstances in His time because He knows the plans He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11). 

Father, thank You for teaching us to trust You for Your perfect timing in each of our lives. 

© 2018 Diane E. Hussey

No comments: