Friday, July 27, 2018

BECAUSE IMPOSSIBLE IS I'M POSSIBLE

Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.” Genesis 18:14 (NKJV)

For the past year, I’ve been preparing to purchase my first home. I’ve been saving money, looking at properties, and living with relatives while pursuing this life goal. It’s been a hard season. From the outside, it may seem I have an abundance of money and a carefree life. Yet, in reality, the lack of stability and the homebuying process have been taxing. The Lord placed the dream of homeownership in my heart, but sometimes like Sarah I want to look at Him and laugh. Home after home, bid after bid, nothing seems to be unfolding—I feel barren!

Patiently waiting for the appointed time when God will deliver on His promise seems impossible. “Seems” is the key word though. With God all things are possible. Did not the I AM bring form to the earth, create humankind from dirt, and bring light to this space we occupy? Is there anything too hard or impossible for Him? The feebleness of our human minds surely makes us believe this lie, but in our impossible things, He says, “I AM POSSIBLE”!

I believe God is begging us to trust Him relentlessly and patiently wait for the appointed time. In that moment, He will deliver on His promises for our lives. Because for Him, impossible is “I AM” possible!

Father, You have an interesting way of making us wait for You. You allow seemingly impossible things to emerge in our lives, so You can reveal Your power. Help us to not get weary and instead trust You completely.

© 2018 Dawn M. Wayman

No comments: