Friday, January 26, 2018

FINDING HOPE

No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope. Acts 2:26 (NLT)
I choose to watch or listen to the news once each day and even that experience can be overwhelming. I grow discouraged in my spirit. We hear the stories of violence around the world, of perpetrators who have no regard for life, the barrage of slanderous remarks, one against the other, plus the unending reports of overdoses. My spirit groans in sorrow.
How can we be about doing our Father’s work if our spirits are inundated with the darkness of this world? 
I am a Warrior Princess of the Most High God, having accepted the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.  My eyes, from morning to night, are focused on Jesus. He dwells within me, and I search for opportunities to penetrate this dark world with His Light.
This world is indeed broken and this breaks God’s heart. According to His Word, He desires His people, all who proclaim Jesus as their Savior, to bring Hope into the world. When you feel overwhelmed by the darkness of this world, focus on God’s Word, recalling His promises. Set aside time each day to commune with God in prayer and silence, allowing Him to speak to your heart.  He is faithful and will reveal His path to you. Then, take action!
When our hearts are filled with God’s hope, we will be His hands and feet in our communities and around the world, singing His praises and sharing His love.
Father, have Your way with us. Fill us beyond our wildest expectations with Your love and direct us into our communities so we may abundantly pour out Your love, hope and peace. 
© 2018 Marianne Lucot

1 comment:

Christy said...

Very nice job. It takes us from thoughts of a troubled world to the answer in our Lord.

Christy