Friday, December 8, 2017

WE EACH HAVE A STORY TO SHARE


You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:16 (NLT)

Have you spent time meditating on this verse? I have. These words reflect how all knowing Our God is and how His sovereignty crafts us according to His will. This is true of every individual who has, is, or will live on this earth. As I meditate, I see God’s hand on my life at the age of five. He laid on my heart a dream that I would become a nurse, and I did!  I never lost sight of that dream although I did lose sight of God.

Although we may lose sight of God in our life journey, He does not lose sight of us. I lived over thirty years of my life in this world, without answering to God. I made poor choices and paid the consequences. I began to yearn for a relationship with God, desiring to turn my life over and live for God alone. Now I am living in His light with all of my scars. I can see that God was preparing me for His higher purpose.

God calls each of us to His higher purpose. In your wayward journey, He is preparing you for His greater purpose to call the lost. Your scars will identify your purpose in God’s Kingdom. You can breathe hope into others who have also lost their way. There are no new sins under the sun, and there are people that are hurting just as you.

Share your story with others      

Father, equip us to boldly share our stories and encourage others with our hope found in Jesus alone.

© 2017 Marianne Lucot

No comments: