Friday, December 1, 2017

FILTERS IN LIFE

"Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character." 1Corinthians 15:33 (NIV)

This morning my husband Charles, and I changed the water filters in our house as we've done every six weeks in the years we've lived here. Without the filter the water has a foul taste and smells like rotten eggs. There is also a lot of iron in the water. I love everything about our house except the deep well water. I really miss the clear, clean, sweet taste of the spring water we had in our other house.It was so refreshing to turn on the spigot and get such sweet water to drink.

While I washed the filter housings to prepare them for the new filters, I thought of the Spiritual filter in our lives. The knowledge and love of Jesus helps us in our daily choices of reading material that comes into our home. We are also careful to choose what television programs to watch, the games we play and the attitudes that effect our daily lives.

Every now and then I also look at what materials our children bring home to read. We try to teach the children to choose their friends wisely also. The old phrase, "You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends, so choose them wisely," I have often said to my children. I hope they will also teach it to their own children some day. It makes me feel good to realize that Jesus is the Spiritual filter of my family as well as my own heart.

Heavenly Father, keep my Spiritual eyes open to the unsavory things of this world. Help me to make the right choices for my life that may please You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

© 2017 Evelyn B. Ryan

No comments: