Friday, September 2, 2016

MY STRENGTH COMES FROM THE LORD



Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplication. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. (NASB) Psalm 28:6, 7a-b
During my hospitalization and rehabilitation from major surgery, I sensed God’s presence. My daily prayer was for courage and strength to persevere through the pain of recovery and physical therapy. There were times when my body hurt, and I cried out to the Lord to give me the courage to keep on going. My goals were to come out on the other side pain-free and to be able to walk again.
My independence was temporarily gone because my leg was not strong enough for me to go out alone, and I was unable to drive. My dependence was on the Lord, family and friends for my needs.

Many verses throughout the scriptures speak of God’s strength:  “Be strong and let your heart take courage.” (Psalm 27:14b); “The Lord is my strength and my song.” (Moses in Exodus 15:2a); “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13). If David, Moses and Paul praised God for the strength He gave them, I can, too.
When Paul implored the Lord three times to take away his thorn in the flesh, the Lord responded, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.” When I am weak, the power of Christ will dwell in me (2 Corinthians 12:7-9; my paraphrase of Paul’s comments).

When we go through physical difficulties, the Lord assures us of His love by bringing us comfort and strength.
Thank You, Lord, for being with me during this challenging time and for giving me the courage and strength to persevere.

© 2016 Diane E. Hussey

No comments: