Friday, April 26, 2013

A Lesson In Faithfulness

 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

 

After an extremely long period of financial uncertainty and instability, the past two months brought rebirth, renewal, reflection and a spiritual awakening to God’s presence in my life. I have worked consistently for the past twenty years, but like many today, found myself without a job or the ability to buy the things that I wanted. I felt lost and empty. Weeks and months passed. Limited finances forced me to downsize to live on my unemployment check.

 

As I searched the scriptures and prayed for a job, nothing happened. God, where are you? Every time I started to panic, I heard His still small voice say, “I did not give you a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). God was saying, “Trust me, I got you.”

 

Day after day I made a gratitude list. It included a place to stay, food, a car, gas, family and friends. Although my prayers for a job had not been answered, all my needs were being met. I realized then that I had made my job, career, money, and things my idols.

 

After I repented, miracles began to happen. My son got the job that he applied for more than six months before. I have been interviewed a least once a week and was offered part‑time employment. I believe, and trust God for the increase.

 

Father, thank you for my period of unemployment. Now I understand that “great is thy faithfulness.” As I pursue employment opportunities, keep me humble and grateful. You are my Source. Your grace is sufficient. Amen

 

© 2013 Wanda Currie

No comments: