Friday, July 27, 2012

Seeing Jesus

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. I Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV)

Once my husband tried to get me to see a bird. We stood outside. I held the binoculars and he kept pointing, directing, and trying to get me to see it. Finally we gave up, and as I moved the glasses to put them away, I saw something bright and odd.

“What’s that?” I said.

“That’s it!” my husband said, so he waited while I admired the red/orange bird - quite large for all the trouble I had seeing it.

Sometimes people trying to see Jesus have the same difficulties. A friend can point, discuss, explain and describe. Nothing makes sense. The nonbeliever or confused convert cannot understand what you are talking about. Then one day, when circumstances, need, and perspective coincide, the nonbeliever will say, “I see Jesus! I know what you were trying to tell me.” Then both enjoy talking about Him.

Paul tells us that we will never see clearly. Our binoculars or mirror will never be as focused or as clear as they should be. But the time will come when we can see Jesus just as clearly as we now see His creation. In that day our admiration will be instantaneous and unending.

Lord, help us to keep looking for you and help us direct others to see and understand who you are. Amen.


© 2012 V. Colclasure

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love this one because I can relate to not being able to see what others are pointing out to me. I keep praying for you and the family. And of course Little Mouse.