Friday, July 13, 2012

DISTORTED VIEW

Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? (Matthew 6:27 NKJV)

A high rise with black mirror windows, being erected along my route to work, continually captured my attention. I marveled at its elegance as the work progressed.

One day, I noticed that half way up the building, a window had been broken, and a big black hole replaced it. Each day as the building got taller and taller, I looked at the black hole hoping they would repair it. Weeks went by and the window was still out. I wondered how it broke! By a workman? Did a bird fly into the mirror window thinking it was sky?

Every day, while driving passed the growing high rise, I looked at the hole. I thought, dirt and grime, rain and debris, are all going to blow in that hole. Each day, I imagined how filthy it is inside the hole.

Finally, they finished the building and repaired the window. The building is grand. The mirrored windows reflect the sky and clouds and stands majestically. All this time, I only focused on the hole.

Do I only see the flaws in events and people? Do I only focus on negative? When the bills arrive, do I fear I can’t cover them? The Lord is my Provider -- I am proof.

The difference between the pessimist and optimist is quite droll.
The optimist looks at the donut, the pessimist at the hole

Dear Lord, Forgive me for dwelling on the negative things. Open my eyes to focus on all the blessings around me, and reveal how I can help others “see”. Amen

© 2012 Lois Gosley

No comments: