Friday, May 13, 2011

Protection from Fleas

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? Hebrews 1:14 NKJV

The cat hides in closets, cowers in corners, or hunkers down under chairs when the time comes for her monthly dose of medicine. Without it, she would be infested with ticks and fleas and risk being infected by the diseases they carry. No matter how much she tries, we always find her. When we do, we pick her up and rub a medicated gel on her neck. She hates that kind of attention, but she is our cat and we want her to be healthy.

I know how she feels. When life beats me up, I’ve made wrong decisions, or anxiety overtakes, I can imagine the Lord looking for me in the world’s corner closets. His love is steady and healing, yet I block His presence; pride, lack of trust, or sense of unworthiness sneak into my soul and make it difficult for me to stand before His throne. That is when He sends ministering spirits to find me or comes himself. His banner of love and care provides daily protection from the infestations of sin and keeps me from falling into the eternal abyss.

Like the cat, I hate it that the Lord has to keep helping me evade the world’s diseases. You would think that I’d get it right and be permanently resistant. The Lord knows that will never happen here. The world is the world. Fleas are fleas.

Praise him for his grace and mercy. All hail King Jesus, the one who loves and cares for us. Amen.


© 2010 V. Colclasure

No comments: